Simply put, social ads are advertisements displayed on social media platforms. They can be very beneficial for exposing a large audience to your business, which is why it is important to make your ad intriguing and straightforward. Here are some key points in creating social ads:
- Promote discounts
- People love saving money. If your social ad contains a headlining coupon or sale, your audience will be more likely to pay attention and want to know more. Also, be upfront about price right in your ad- this ensures that your target demographic will follow through with a click and ultimately, a purchase.
- Create multiple ads
- Creating several different social ads lets you see what works with your audience. Generate ads using different images, headlines, and ad copy to test which combination performs the best with your target audience. Post your ad, monitor its performance, and if it is not resulting in clicks, deactivate and try another! It is important to actively monitor the quantifiable performance of ads with tools such as “Relevance Score” on Facebook, because it provides a way for you to plainly see how your campaign is performing with your audience.
- Call to action
- Adding a call to action button to your ad is a great strategy to increase interest in your ad, as it implores customers to “buy now”, or “learn more”- adding a sense of urgency and intrigue to the deal.
- Generate a custom landing page
- The landing page should be cohesive with the ad, which will keep the focus of the audience on the offer of the ad; the more specific your ad, the more targeted your landing page should be. The landing page prompts the audience to continue with the transaction, so make it easy for them!