SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is the practice of generating high-quality search results by increasing the quality and quantity of your organic search engine traffic. Well-executed SEO ensures that your website ranks first on search engines when you type in particular keywords.
Here’s a simple breakdown:
- The quality of traffic: Customers that are searching for Bell phone services are not the same customers who are searching for musical bells. Directing customers to the correct product or service is an extremely important facet of good SEO.
- The quantity of traffic: Once the correct product or service is established, customers can easily find exactly what they need. The more customers, the better.
- Organic traffic vs. Paid traffic: There are two kinds of links you can see when you go to a search engine.
- The first are at the very top of the page – these are paid ads. The ads right below, are organic ads. Organic ads that reach the top of a search engine for a particular keyword seem more trustworthy to clients, because they rely on high traffic from other people, rather than being paid for.
- You’re much more inclined to purchase a product or service from a store that you can see other people purchasing from. Good SEO practices indicate that a company is reliable.
How SEO works:
Search engines are how we organize the endless cycle of information that is the Internet. Information is growing at an exponential rate, as contributors are constantly adding more content but less frequently deleting their virtual footprint. The only reliable way to sort the mass of information is through search engines. Ensuring that your website ranks at the top of that list is crucial to being found, and essential to creating a steady flow of new customers.